Research Extension: Web-Based Research Report
This activity builds on what was learned in Lesson 1 Activities and involves students in the Writing Process. Students search the Web to prepare a 5-paragraph essay research report on a question about the Korean Diaspora and/or Korean Americans.
- To support this activity, use the Lesson 1 Presentation.
- Use the Short Research Report Rubric to demonstrate how to compose a 5-paragraph web-based research essay.
- Writing Prompt: Search the Web to prepare a 5-paragraph research report on a question about the Korean Diaspora and/or Korean Americans. Choose from one of the following topics:
- Korean Americans in one of the 50 states OR Korean immigrants to a country other than the United States.
- Consider these possible research areas: immigrant arrival dates, reasons, experiences, communities, notable individuals, comparisons with other locations or timeframes.
- Lesson 1 Teachers’ Guide and Lesson 1 Presentation are found on Lesson 1 Overview.
- Short Research Project Directions and Scoring Rubric
- Additional resources are found under Lesson 1 Overview, Activity 1.1, Activity 1.2, Lesson 1 Videos, Lesson 1 Assessments, and Lesson 1 Research Extension.