Formative Assessments Directions for these assessments are provided under each Activity.
- Activity 7.1
- Brainstorming Definitions
- Timeline Activity
- T-Chart Justice
- Activity 7.2
- Legacy Project Video Activity
- Activity 7.3
- Quick-Writes on Legacy
Summative Assessment (directions below)
- Cause/Effects T-Chart Graphic Organizer
- Use the Lesson 7: Saigu – The 1992 LA Civil Unrest (Summative Assessment) presentation to support this assessment.
T-Chart of Causes/Effects of the 1992 LA Civil Unrest
- Distribute the Cause/Effect T-Chart to students.
- Determine if you will allow them to work in pairs or small groups. Regardless of group size, require every student to complete and submit their own worksheet.
- Ask students to identify and explain at least five causes and effects of the 1992 LA Civil Unrest. Encourage them to draw ideas from lectures, readings, and their completed Timeline, Justice T-Chart, Legacy Project Interview Analysis, and Legacy Quick-Writes assignments.
Literature and Writing Extension (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)
- Memoir of a Cashier Review of an Autobiographical Book
- Autobiographical Essay
Worksheet T-Chart Cause/Effect (PDF)